I had a couple of sweet potato's and I didn't just want to do the boring sweet potato casserole or bread so I got onto Pintrest and found an auh-mazing recipe! Sweet Potato Muffins with a Pecan Streusel Topping. I opted the pecans on the topping because I didn't have time to run to the store for them, but they turned out fine even without them.
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup sour cream (full or reduced fat)
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup baked sweet potato mash
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- For the Pecan Streusel Topping:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a standard muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl lightly beat the eggs. Add the sour cream, oil, and sweet potato mash and stir well. Mix in the brown sugar and vanilla. The batter will be frothy and kind of fluffy at this point.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt.
- Stir until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl crumble together the softened butter, chopped pecans, flour, and sugar. Sprinkle the topping over all the muffins. Be liberal with it! Use it all up.
- Bake for 18 – 20 mins.
So, I had left over cupcake liners from Halloween so I figured what the heck let's not waste em'!
Until next time, Rachel.